Electric light - Hotel Knaapen

At the beginning of the previous century, Hotel Knaapen stood on the site where the Ringo's library and restaurant are now located. It was an important construction and overnight address at that time. It was also an inn. There are many travellers who came from Germany and Belgium on a working visit to various textile manufacturers in Geldrop and sometimes rented a room there for a long time. Parties were also regularly held here. For example, during the fair of 1893, the notables in the village celebrated the first electric light on De Heuvel. This was something for the village. In 1899 there was also a supplier from Rotterdam who stayed there and gave a party because he had been selling indigo paint to textile manufacturers for 50 years.